My Role As An Adoption Advocate

January 11, 2014

We have some exciting news for our family! I am blessed to now be working from home as an Adoption Advocate for Christian Adoption Consultants! CAC was an essential part of our adoption journey to our little guy and it's such an honor to now be a part of their amazing team.


Here are some more specifics on what I'm doing as an Adoption Advocate for CAC:

What I Am Doing
As an advocate for adoption, I:
  • am a voice to share about God's beautiful passionate heart for adoption
  • help educate people about the domestic adoption process
  • spread the word about why hiring an adoption consultant is a tremendous asset
  • answer questions and help families (for free!) as they consider working with CAC
  • pray for families as they seek the Lord's direction in their adoption journey
  • serve alongside Consulting Director/Adoption Consultant, Tracie Loux, as her assistant, joining her as she assists CAC families throughout their adoption journey
  • design personalized adoptive family profiles for CAC clients tailored to each family's specific interests 
  • support, encourage, and pray for families from day one of their journey all the way through the moment when they bring home their child

What I'm Not Doing
  • I'm not trying to twist people's arms to adopt. (God doesn't call everyone to adopt.)
  • I'm not trying to convince people to adopt domestically and not internationally (both are needed!). 
  • And I'm not trying to convince people to work with Christian Adoption Consultants. (The Lord's plan isn't for every adoptive family to use CAC.)

Why I'm Doing This
  • God loves people and our family wants to reflect His heart. "We love because he first loved us." 1 John 4:19
  • And God really does love adoption. He loves it! He went to great lengths to bring us into His family...it cost Him the very life of His Son. "In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:4-6 

(Photo credit: Jessica Phelps Photography)
******Update: I have now transitioned to serving with the amazing Tracie Loux as her assistant! I have the privilege of serving alongside Tracie as we walk families through the adoption process. It is really like a dream come true to be assisting families in this miraculous journey.*****

(For more information about domestic adoption, please contact me at katief@christianadoptionconsultants.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment