Adoption Fundraiser Garage Sale!

May 3, 2011

Mark your calendars for Saturday, June 11.
We're having an adoption fundraiser garage sale!

I'm so excited to announce that we're planning a big garage sale on Saturday, June 11 from 8am-4pm to help build our adoption fund.  We're thinking HUGE and we'd love your help!  I've read of many similar adoption sales bringing in anywhere from $1000-$4000 (isn't that nuts?) so I'm praying that Lord uses this in mighty ways to help us.  He is able!  Please pray along with me!

What You Can Do
1)  Set aside stuff to donate to our sale (clothes, toys, electronics, games, decorations, furniture, etc.).  If you're planning to donate clothing, it might be helpful to bag it according to size or at least baby/child/adult.  Unfortunately, due to space constraints, we won't be able to take your items until the week of the sale.

2)  Consider helping me run this crazy thing.  I definitely cannot do this on my own!  If you'd like to help by lending a table to place items on, volunteer to assist in pricing things, help me set out the stuff in the wee hours of the morning that Saturday, sign up to help handle the money during part of the sale, or volunteer to help tear down after it's over, please let me know.  You can leave me a comment below if you're interested.

3) Pray for beautiful weather and generous buyers!  

I'm so excited to be able to join with you to do this.  I love that adoption is such a community thing where we can join together to reflect God's heart.  I can't wait to see how the Lord uses this to help us gather the resources we need to adopt!  Thank you so much for considering.

5 comments:

  1. Any ideas of ways we who are not local can help out with this? I'll be praying the Lord blesses it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking, Rachael! The most helpful way that non-locals can help would be to pray for the sale. And that is a VERY important part of the day! It's not "normal" for a garage sale to make a lot of money but we we're asking the Lord for that!

    Please pray for no rain, for God to bless the time, for Him to bring lots of people out, and to stir the hearts of buyers to generously give even above the asking price. Thanks, Rachael!

    ReplyDelete
  3. her great way to help would be to make Huge , colorful signs to place EVERYWHERE!
    I am a big garage saler and I know salers always go to houses whose signs are the biggest and most informative (big arrows, make sure they say something like "HUGE Adoption Fundraising Sale - 20 families donated!"

    I am going to be thinking of ways I can help as well as pray! Exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie,

    I saw this and of course you know I couldn't resist signing up to do something for the cause!

    We'll be celebrating Corey's 27th B-day the 11th, so could I sign up to help you price/organize/watch your kids while doing all of the above? Whatever I could do the days prior, just let me know.

    So excited for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One box of baby boy clothes packed up for your sale, and adult clothes, toys, and books to come! I'll talk to Aaron about what we can do that weekend; I'm sure we could help price or set things up, if not help with the sale itself.

    ReplyDelete