Adoption + The Sibling Perspective: Cosette's Story

March 30, 2020

Here in this space, I'm currently sharing some posts about Adoption and the Sibling Perspective. (Don't miss Gianna's thoughts here!) For families who enter domestic infant adoption with children already in their home, they wisely consider, "How will this affect our other kids?" I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to share with you some thoughts from a few siblings of my CAC families.

Cosette was almost 13 when her family brought home their baby through adoption. Thank you, Cosette, for sharing your thoughts about adoption!


1) Did you have any fears or concerns about adoption while your family was in the adoption process waiting before your sibling was born? How did the Lord meet you in those?
Yes! Absolutely. I think my biggest fear was that once we finally were placed, that something would happen to the baby, or that the mom would change her mind. I think that God met me in that He gave me reassurance after reassurance that we were under HIS care throughout the adoption. We were never in control. He had us in the palm of His hand and His plan was the best for us.

2) What are some things that you love about adoption and how God brought your siblings to you?
One thing that I specifically love about adoption, and every adoption as its own entity, is that God makes every adoption unique for the needs of the mom, child, and receiving family. In both of my family's adoptions, it was clear that God had built the circumstances for our family. Whether difficult or simple, every situation was made with us in mind.

3) What do you wish that people knew about adoption?
It's not taboo!...or, doesn't have to be. It's alright to talk about adoption and to ask questions. Most of the time, we are MORE than willing to share.

4) What has God taught you about Himself through adoption in your family?
God has taught me that He is SO much bigger than what I'm seeing in front of my face. He has a plan in mind. I am much better off when I step out in faith in His plan, whether that means stepping into good or "bad."

5) Anything else you'd like to share?
It's perfectly alright to share about your struggles with adoption. They are just as valuable as your good times. The wave is ok. The wave can even help others in their journeys.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information about domestic infant adoption, please contact me at katief@christianadoptionconsultants.com

No comments:

Post a Comment