Find Mommy

September 9, 2007


I didn't expect to love each and every month of motherhood a little more than the last, but so far that's the case. Having a 10 month old is the best! Each day Tali does something new. I love getting up in the morning and anticipating what new and fun things she will bring to my day.

This week the new thing for her has been the "Find Mommy" game. I run (as much as a six month pregnant woman can) into a room and start calling, "Where's your mommy? Can you find Mommy?" And pretty soon I hear the clomp of my little scooter giggling and going as fast as she can towards my voice until at last she finds me. She starts waving her arms and grins ear-to-ear with pride. It is so much fun to play with her.

I am an imperfect (or more honestly put-a sinful) parent. And yet, I delight in watching my daughter live and learn. It is so amazing to think that God, the perfect and Holy Father, delights in us more than we could ever delight in our own kids. It's definitely not because we're cute like Tali, but because He has made us His children though the redemptive work of His Son. What a reason to praise Him!

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment