Adoption Guest Post: Don't Waste the Wait

March 19, 2016


No one likes to wait. It's frustrating and it's stretching and it's just plain hard. Right now Will and Candice are in the thick of that really difficult part of the adoption journey-they are waiting for an expectant mama to choose them. I'm honored to be walking with them as their adoption consultant at Christian Adoption Consultants and I'm so glad I get to share Candice's heart with you today!


Guest Post by Candice: Don't Waste The Wait. 

In the process
In the waiting
You're making melodies over me
And your presence 
Is the promise
For I am a pilgrim on a journey
~Shepherd (Bethel Music)

In all honesty, the adoption wait has been a little harder on me than I thought it would be. After dealing with fertility issues before and after our son, Liam, I thought I had this waiting thing down. "No biggie, I've done this many times before..." I was wrong.

As I sit here, I think of all the times I've just repeated Psalm 13 in my head: "How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?" And sometimes, on hard days, I still do. But as look back over the past couple of years, I see how Jesus has worked on my heart, how He has changed my desires and tuned my heart to His. Honestly, none of that would have happened without this wait, as He drew me near and as I leaned into Him. I don't want to waste this wait because, let's be real, none of this is really about me. God is using this for His glory...yes, even this wait.

Listen, He really does meet us in it all. Sometimes I'm tempted to get bitter and compare my situation with those around me. Everywhere I look, people are growing their families with ease. But then I'm reminded that Jesus knows me better than anyone else, better than I know myself. He knows what He is doing, and working behind the scenes even if I doubt it sometimes. There have been times when I have felt so forgotten only to immediately hear Him whisper, "I see you...I know you."

Our awesome adoption consultant, Katie, reminded me that I don't have to feel bad when weary days creep up. She told me, "It's okay to be weary. God knows that some days we will feel like that and so that's why He made a point to speak to that in His Word. Keep clinging to Him!"

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

And she's right, all I can keep doing is clinging to Him.  In fact, I'm sure that's exactly where He wants me.

"Be joyful in hope..."  Romans 12:12
Image Credit: Lauren Carns


Thanks for sharing your heart with us, Candice! It's so beautiful to see Him working in you during the wait! (You can follow Candice's blog over here.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information about domestic adoption, please contact me at katief@christianadoptionconsultants.com

No comments:

Post a Comment