More Pics of Owen

December 21, 2007






Just wanted to share a couple more shots of Owen for you. He's a cutie!

Also, I just wanted to thank you for your prayers. Last week I kept asking the Lord to surprise me in regards to the baby's birth. I was trying so hard to trust Him with the impending induction and with wanting so badly to go into labor on my own. God granted me much peace and trust in Him in the waiting. Then, on Monday evening, I went from eating a yummy dinner to suddenly wondering if I was sick, to quickly needing to rush to the hospital with contractions that were about 2-3 minutes apart. God did, indeed, surprise us!

My labor was only 4 hours long and so sweet (minus the pain, of course!). With Tali, the induction took an entire night and all of the next day and I was too out of it from the Staydol that I was barely even awake when she was born (I'm not even exaggerating). With Owen, I had an epidural around 7.5cm and was able to joyfully and alertly experience his entrance to this world. The two births were a night and day difference. On Monday, things went so quickly that Josh and I found ourselves a bit shocked. (Weren't we just at home having dinner? When did this baby get here? What do we do now?!) The way it happened was a wonderful surprise and we continue to thank God for His faithfulness in answering prayer and for the gift of this child. He is just such a faithful God and He does love to bless His children.

Thank you to all of you who were praying that Owen might come without an induction. I cannot begin to thank you enough! We can't wait for you to meet him!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, he is beautiful! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH for pictures!!!!!! ooo I can't wait to hold him! Hopefully it will be befroe he's crawling ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the Lord answered the prayers for this birth!

    ReplyDelete