Grateful

January 24, 2008

I don't know about you but I find that I take for granted my good health until I get sick. Then, all that I can think about is how wonderful it is when I am well and how I can't wait to feel better again! Yesterday I had some sort of stomach flu. (I will spare you the gory details and just say that it was not fun.) Thankfully, today I am on the mend and praising God for the gift of good health that I usually don't even notice. It makes me wonder how many other kindnesses from the Lord I take for granted each and every day. Do I stop and thank Him for my loving husband, a warm home, yummy food, an incredible church, sweet children, clothes to wear, running water, and so many other blessings? Sadly, I usually just enjoy these gifts without remembering or recognizing the Giver behind them. It's sad when I don't stop to thank God for the gifts I listed above, but it's tragic when I neglect to thank Him for sending His Son. Every day, I must remember the Gospel and I must thank God for sending Jesus to take the punishment that I deserved. I don't want to thank Him out of duty but out of a heart overflowing with thanksgiving for so great a salvation. What else really matters?

Lord, forgive me for taking for granted so many kindnesses from Your hand. Let me not ignore Your loving hand over all of my life.

* Side note: Josh isn't feel well today so I know that he would appreciate prayers. So far, Tali & Owen seem fine & we're praying they stay that way!

1 comment:

  1. Amen Katie! I too can neglect to be Thankful in so many areas...especially about the Gospel. What a joyful life we would live if we just remembered what the Lord has done for us and all the blessings He give us each and every day!

    I hope all of you are feeling better over there:)

    ReplyDelete