Is This January?

January 7, 2008


I can't believe that Christmas has all ready come and gone. Having a newborn near the holidays seems to make it zoom past even faster than normal. Now, we're supposedly in January but given that it feels like April, I feel really disoriented. Did Christmas really come and go all ready? Did Josh's family all ready come and leave for the holidays? Did the piles of snow that were outside last week really melt all ready? Where did the time go?

Having Owen has made me even more sentimental about the passing of time. I asked the Lord before my little guy was born to help me gain perspective about how quickly time passes. I prayed from Psalm 90:12, "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom." Let me just say that He has answered that prayer a thousand times over. Each day, I get up and look at Tali and about cry. Where did my baby go? How is it that she's big enough to walk, talk, pretend, etc? Then I look at Owen starting to outgrow his newborn diapers and I'm in awe again. It just goes by so quickly! He's all ready sleeping 4 consecutive hours a night and starting to hold his head up more strongly. Time really does fly by...

I can't believe that I'm 26 years old, married, and enjoying two sweet children. Sometimes I still feel like I'm in high school. My days are numbered and only the Lord knows their length. I want to enjoy each day that the Lord gives me and live it to the fullest for His glory...because the time truly is short and every day is a gift.

3 comments:

  1. He's ALREADY sleeping 4 hours consecutively at night????? Piper is only just starting to *think* about sleeping that long at night. I'm still pulling the 12am and 3am shifts.... Oh boy. Well, just more awake time for me to treasure the short time I have her as an infant... right... :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Katie - I feel your awe!!!!!
    ps - how did you do that with the picture?

    ReplyDelete