Honoring My Mom, Part 3

July 2, 2008

But as much as I’d like to say more about each of those things…I really want to thank you today for the enduring/the lasting influence that you’re having. Now, all that I’ve learned from you over the years about being a mom is having an influence on another generation. Though Tali and Owey are just babies, their lives are all ready being shaped by the way that you live.

It is a joy to see Tali and Owen experience the same rich love from you that I have experienced all of my life. You’re making a lasting difference in their lives.

Mom, I’ll never be able to even begin thanking you for all of the influence you’ve had. But I hope today that you see that the way you faithfully devoted yourself to building our relationship in my early years, the way you invested so much time entering into my world as a teenager, and the way you are faithfully caring for me throughout the transitions into adult-hood, those things all continue to bear much fruit now. And they will continue to have a lasting impact, not only on me, but on your grandchildren and even beyond that. In the midst of learning to be a mom with two small children, looking at your life gives me encouragement and hope. I am excited as I consider that what I’m doing right now really does have a lasting effect for years and years to come. Mom, thank you for your influence on my life; I want to follow your example. I pray that one day Tali will grow up to be a mom like you and that her daughters, granddaughters and great-granddaughters will do the same. I love you, Mom! Happy Mother’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment