He's Fun

April 15, 2008

Ok, it's not the most interesting title but it's true; Josh is fun! I am so grateful for the fun that my husband brings to my everyday life and especially to dates. Even in this season where he's got to be a little creative, he makes date nights fun. (That is a challenging task given how tired I am, the fact that I'm a nursing mom, and the time constraints we have when we leave Owen.) I think this is a great example of how Josh lives out 1 Peter 3:7: "Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way..." My hubby really seeks to be cognoscente of what will bless me and what won't in this season.

For example, on Valentine's Day he gave me an "at home date" when he brought me several different courses of food from various restaurants so that I wouldn't have to cook. He had to do some hard work to find good food that didn't have dairy & that would stay warm until we could eat it. :)

One date evening when I was particularly tired, we just drove around and looked at houses and talked about which ones we liked before heading to dinner. It may sound simple but it was a huge blessing to me because it didn't require much alertness on my part (thankfully he was alert as he was the one driving!).

On our anniversary last month, my parents kept Tali and Josh planned fun and relaxing stuff for us to do at home. We watched the DVD of our wedding, he cooked breakfast, we talked about the houses for sale that we'd visited, and other fun things but I'm getting too tired to write anymore.

So, suffice it to say that my husband is fun and he does an awesome job of being mindful of where I'm at right now energy-wise and plans accordingly.

Thanks, Babe! Sorry this is a little jumbled but I need to head to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment